Chapati is an unleavened Indian flatbread. It’s easy to make and delicious. This simple 4 ingredient recipe will work with wheat flour or a gluten free blend. You can use the bread as a sandwich wrap or serve it with any kind of meal. And it’s so easy! This recipe requires no prep, uses ingredients you probably already have and provides a hot, fresh and home cooked bread in a matter of minutes. It’s a healthy, homemade version, so serve only while fresh:)
Apples are healthy, cashews are healthy, but sexy . . . not so much. Simply arranging your apples in a colorful circle around cashews can make them much more appealing! Choose different varieties of apples for the best colors and go organic so you can leave the skin on. Go with lightly salted cashews and satisfy the sweet & salty without turning to nutrient-void snacks!
Broccoli, cheese, mushrooms and quinoa casserole – yummy, 100% gluten free and so easy to make. Gluten free, full of protein, pumped up with vitamins, try my healthy version of broccoli & cheddar casserole!
Some fun tricks and tips that make this casserole come out so good:
- Boil the quinoa in water just like pasta (for 12 minutes) and then drain. This keeps the quinoa moist and prevents it from drying, especially when used in a casserole.
- Use real cheddar cheese or full fat cheese. Lowfat cheeses don’t melt as nicely and can burn. Avoid very hard cheeses, like Parmesan they also tend to burn easily when baked.
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ½ medium onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- In two large pots, boil water. Once the water is boiling, put the quinoa in one and a steamer with broccoli in the other.
- While your quinoa is cooking (set a timer for 12 minutes), heat the butter in a saucepan.
- Dice ½ an onion, slice your mushrooms and add them to the butter and cook until the onions are browned. Add more butter if the pan starts browning.
- Add 1 cup cream to the onions and mushrooms, stir and remove from heat.
- When your time goes off (12 minutes), drain the quinoa, turn the heat off on the broccoli.
- Grease a medium glass baking pan with butter.
- Put the broccoli into the glass pan and chop up a bit until the pieces are no larger than 1".
- Pour the creamy onion & mushroom mix into the pan and stir.
- Add the drained quinoa and mix well with ½ cup of shredded cheddar.
- Cover the mixture with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar and bake at 250F for 10 minutes or until the top is browned.