Chapati is an unleavened Indian flatbread. It’s easy to make and delicious. This simple 4 ingredient recipe will work with wheat flour or a gluten free blend. You can use the bread as a sandwich wrap or serve it with any kind of meal. And it’s so easy! This recipe requires no prep, uses ingredients you probably already have and provides a hot, fresh and home cooked bread in a matter of minutes. It’s a healthy, homemade version, so serve only while fresh:)
- 1 cup flour (your choice)
- ½ cup milk
- Dash salt
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Mix the flour and milk together, adding the salt and a drop of oil.
- Mix until you are able to form balls of dough.
- Now pre-heat your nonstick pan on medium-high.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal size balls.
- Roll out with a pin or press by hand into pancake-like circles.
- Cook on each side until browned slightly.
- Use as a wrap or to accompany a meal.
CHAPATI TIP: Make sure your pan is HOT! The longer the chapati is on the pan the greater chance it will burn. While adding a tiny bit of oil to the pan can help, more than just a few drops can make your chapati too oily.