Healthy recipes for banana bread? I didn’t find any I liked, so I made my own! This one is 100% gluten free and it’s sweetened with bananas – yep, no added sugar except for what’s in the chocolate chips.
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups of mashed banana
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free baking mix (or 2 cups regular/whole flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- dash vanilla extract (or vanilla bean scrapings)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Beat your eggs until they are fluffy and then beat in the banana, vanilla and melted butter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until well blended.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan, or a loaf pan lined in baking paper for 35-45 minutes (or until browned and cooked through).
Crowd Pleasing TIP: If you’re baking for folks who usually eat a lot of sugar, it might not taste sweet enough. Try doubling the chocolate chips (if you use sweetened ones). For a mixed crowd, try serving with a sugar crumble on the side or sweet whipped cream.