High protein snacks or high protein breakfasts are an important element of dieting for anyone from bodybuilders, diabetics or expectant moms. Protein doesn’t have to be boring – or come from meat! Try this tasty, simple and high protein snack – if you use 1 cup of cottage cheese, you’ll get 28 grams of protein!
I love this snack, here’s why:
- The concept is so simple and quick. Just takes 2 minutes and you’ve got a healthy high protein snack.
- It uses melons of any size – for a bigger melon just eat half.
- It’s environmentally friendly. By spooning out the melon, you tend to eat more of the melon than when you cut it up.
- Seasonality! If you’ve got a melon patch in your yard or in a farm nearby, eat this snack in season and you won’t get tired of melon.
- Presentation. It’s a really cute way to eat melon.
- It’s not messy . . . really, it isn’t! Compared to juicy, sticky melon dripping all over the place, this melon snack is mess-free.
- Easy clean up . . . just toss the melon rind in your compost or trash bin and that’s it.
- It works with any kind of melon, from cantaloupe to honey dew and more.