This roasted spicy peppers recipe is so simple! Pre-heat your oven (400 F, 205 C), grease your pan & peppers with a little bit of olive oil and roast until lightly browned – that’s it. Ideas for what to do with your peppers are below the picture.
Ten things to do with roasted peppers:
- Make your own salsa or hot sauce
- Chop them finely and mix into pasta sauce for a spicier sauce
- Serve with cheese & use them as a healthier version of jalapeno poppers
- Slice them up and use them on sandwiches
- Use them as pizza toppings
- Spice up your salad and add a few slices
- Do it Middle Eastern style and eat them whole with hummus & tahini
- Bottle them with olive oil to make a spicy oil
- Cube them into small chunks and pair it with corn for a spicier side.
- Blend them and make soup or add to any blended soup for spice & flavor
ROASTED PEPPER TIP: To de-seed or not to de-seed? It’s a personal choice – there are no rules. In general it’s OK to leave seeds for sauces and eating them whole, but better to remove them when you’re using the peppers as toppings or mixed into other dishes.