Discover the mysteries of wakame salad and gain your wakame salad independence! Refreshing, crispy, clean-tasting and sophisticated all describe one of my favorite salads to make: the sesame wakame cucumber salad. Read the recipe and find out the salty secret on how to make your wakame salad the best…
- Rice Vinegar
- Sugar (Raw if Possible)
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Peel and slice your cucumbers, thick.
- Set the cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt. Let them sit about 20 minutes and then drain off the water.
- Soak your wakame in water until it is fully expanded (about 10 minutes) and then drain. Press some, but not all, of the water out of the wakame.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add about ¼ cup of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, and one large tablespoon of sugar. Put the lid on the jar and shake furiously until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, mix the cucumbers, wakame, and rice vinegar mixture. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Taste the salad and adjust for your palate. Just be sure to dissolve any added sugar.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
This is the perfect salad for summer because cucumbers are in season, the ingredients are refreshing, and since it’s vegan it holds up very well in the heat. Pair it with spicy food for a welcome relief from the spiciness.